She’s There Uptown


I still see her in midst of my gin
When I’m alone, I go to her to lean
She’s there uptown on the sixth floor
And I’m here lurking near dirty door
I un-see when I see her on my lane
And I crave her when I see her on my chain
I wish I can have her right here
On this stranger’s couch hoping she won’t fear
Though I have a shield called ego
That forces me to let her go
I can’t feel her when I write her songs
But I can’t help but miss her in these party lawns
She’s my home, she’s my escape
Though she an angel, but also a devil with the cape
I live inside the four walls and two arms
But she’s the girl from headlights and has striking charms
I hope she sees me crawling drunk on my dude’s floor
I might be something else but I’m right there begging at her door
I ignored her; I ignored my feels for her
I ignored when she was with me, unfortunately it was my err
But now what I feel is new
Now I cry on that pillowcase, only if she knew
Now all I do is keep drinking that vodka at places
And tell about her to unfamiliar faces
Now I’m confessing my love for her on every talk
To my friends, my hoes and unknown folk
But she’s there uptown on the sixth floor
And I’m here lurking near this dirty door

23:11
19 Feb. 17
©SmitFairytale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turtle’s Feet…

Five Steps

Forever Mystification